Wednesday, April 14, 2004

Eversince I'd been in UK, I have picked up some new 'English' word cos here they like to use cheeminology words. Sometimes, I have to rely on the Thesaurus in Word to find out what that word means or prehaps my English wasn't good enough to begin with!!

Just today I encounter this word on a report that I read, "Anecdotal" Wow!! What's this??

One word which is very commonly used in UK = Dodgy. Why can't they say 'suspicious'??

I'll always remember this one. Last summer, when I was watching the weather forecast on the news and the weathergirl said that the weather for today is going to be muggy. What the hell is muggy?? Can you imagine that in order to know the weather forecast for today, I need to look up the dictionary!!! Why can't they say that it's going to be HUMID!!!

No comments: