Thursday, December 23, 2004

Christmas is coming. Saw the weather forecast and it likely to snow in UK with the snow reaching Cambridge on Boxing Day (26th)! (Yippy!!!) Hope it snow, hope it snow....!!!

Going to work tomorrow (not sure what to do at work cos the clients are mostly already on leave, thus I think I might leave early..) and will only start work on 4th Jan 05! Long holiday.

As Christmas Day and Boxing Day fall on weekends, 27th & 28th of Dec are public holiday in UK to make up for it and so is 3rd Jan for New Year Day. Thus only took unpaid leave for 3 days.

Christmas Day is a boring day for me in UK cos all the shops (even supermarket) are closed, so nowhere to go and is struck at home watching TV (not Simpson I hope!!). Come to think of it, the way Britain celebrates Christmas is just like how we celebrate Chinese New Year. Going home for reunion dinner, no shops are open, stocking up on food, etc.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the shopping after Boxing Day. Real bargain hunting. Hope I wouldn't spend too much... :)

No comments: