Thursday, January 05, 2006

Extremely disappointed with Krisflyer

As my Krisflyer points are going to expire by end Dec 05, I decided to make good use of the points and order the champagne promotion which I will need to use 25,000 points + S$180. Called on 22 Dec 05 and was informed that a portion of my points had already expired in Sep 05 which means that I'm not qualify for the promotion. Because I received my Krisflyer statement previously which states that I had a balance of27k points and 13k will expire in Dec 05, the lady in customer service was willing to extend the points so that I qualify for the promotion. Gave her all my details, and my credit card details too.

Today I called the Krisflyer Membership Services again as I had not heard anything re delivery date but was told that there was no such transaction on their system!!!! And my points had now expired (13k in Sep and 6k in Dec)!!! I tried to explain that I called previously, etc but I was asked who was the lady I spoke to previously!!! I didn't ask for the name of the lady I spoke to on 22 Dec!!! Everything was going well then and I trust Krisflyer to be a reputation company, who would think that the whole transaction will not be on system then??? Perhap part of me was being naive and silly not to have ask for her name.

Requested to speak to the manager and he was unwilling to extend the point (as it expire in Sep) and he makes me think that I'm lying my way through. Wrote an email and attached a copy of the statement stating that my Krisflyer points will only expire in Dec 05 (instead of Sep 05). Well, to be frank, I don't have high hope of getting a satisfactory answer back.

Moral of the story, always ask for the name (plus surname) of the person you're speaking to.

No comments: