Monday, January 16, 2006

Hook onto Harry Potter

Busy everyday and weekends with Harry Potter since Christmas!!! On games, books and maybe movie/DVD.

PS2 Games
My colleague had lent me her PS2 game - Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secret and I couldn't stop playing it. Great game and I had managed to complete (with the help of online walkthrough guide, of course!!).

Bought the Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone and is currently playing it. Wasn't as great fun as the Chamber of Secret, it's like one step backward from Chamber of Secret. Think I'm playing just to complete it. Again online walkthrough is a great help!!

There's also the Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban waiting for me to play after I finish the one on Philosopher's stone. (Bought it during the sale!!!)

As for the latest PS2 game - Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, I'm not buying it unless the price drops plus I still had the above games to keep me occupied.


Books

On my train journey to work, I had the Harry Potter and the Order of Phoenix to read. This is the fifth Harry Potter book but is the first one that I read. Seen the rest (1 to 3) in movie version so got an idea to continue with this book, might catch the fourth one in movie or DVD later. Train journey seems so short when reading the book, could only finish abt 1 chapter on the train journey. There were a few times when I laugh to myself on the train when reading certain hilarious paragraphs and the person sitting near me was turning around to look at me. She must had think that I was mad....

Finally finished reading the book last Friday and I must say that it was very well written. Really caught your heart and mind to keep on reading it to find out what's going on. I had the sixth book (Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince) at home, but before I start to read it, I need to ensure that I get all my work (mainly housework) done first before my darling hubby complains.

As for our weekend trip to Brussels, we had an enjoyable time there. Will update once I can start uploading the pictures online. Some computer errors for the past few days....:( Yes, Harry Potter had been keeping me very busy, but it's a good thing. It's keeping me away from shopping and I can always sell the games on Ebay....

No comments: