Saturday, December 02, 2006

Update for the week

Been busy this week thus no time to update the blog.

So what's happening this week?? On Monday morning, I was intending to cycle to my client's place cos it was located in Central Cambridge and I had not been cycling that often, so it's about time to make use of it but I was in for a shock! The back wheel of my bike was stolen!!! Some heartless soul had target my bike thinking it that since it had not been used for some time, it might had been abandoned....

Luckily Sam was in, thus he drove me to work instead. The next day, we went to Halfords to ask about buying a new back wheel and was quoted 60 pounds!!! The bike cost me 100 pounds and this back wheel will cost me 60 pounds, too expensive. The guy was very friendly and upon knowing that I was a victim of a stolen back wheel, he told us to go to Milton Recycling Centre to look for bike back wheel that might fit mine, and I can purchase it for about 3 pounds. The recycling centre is near and we had never been there before. Found the back wheel at the centre that seems to be of the same size as mine and purchase it for a pound..... WOW!! This is great!!

Sam fixed my bike for me but we realised that the inner tube of the wheel was punctured thus had a purchase it from Halfords for about 5 pounds. So all in all, we spent 6 pounds to replace the back wheel.

This is not the first time my bike was targetted, my bike lock was cut before. I learnt my lesson now and will move my bike to different bicycle rank to lock every weekend if I had not cycle for that week. Got to play safe.

No comments: